We are part of the Baptist Union of Great Britain.
Baptist churches are found in almost every country in the world. As part of the world-wide Christian church, Baptists form one of the largest families of faith, alongside other trinitarian Christian traditions such as Anglicans, Methodists, Reformed, etc.
For Baptists the concept of a family is important. The church is not so much a particular place or building, but rather a family of believers, committed to Christ, to one another and to the service of God in the world.
"Churches Together in Berwick meet every odd calendar month to share news and give support for events. We may 'do' our services differently but share a common goal fulfilling Jesus commission and seeking the 'peace and prosperity' of our town.
Throughout the year we show our presence with a joint witness:
- During Lent each Church takes a turn to host the Lent Lunch
which is weekly with a representative giving a thought on a theme.
- On Good Friday, a cross is carried from Wallace Green with stations for prayer ending on Marygate with singing.
- At the Rotary's Party On The Parade, May Bank Holiday weekend we host Hymns On The Parade, 6pm Sunday.
- During the summer, there is a Holiday Club at Scremerston run by Churches Together in Berwick.
- In December, there is the Big Sing held at St Andrews,
Wallace Green. Each school provide a choir and nativity hymn/song. The minister
or representative from each Church take part between the choirs. This event is
only open for schools with each child being given tickets for their family
members due to space. The retiring collection is given to Christian Aid so the
event fulfils two purposes.
Please ask me for any more information."